Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What jokes/tricks have you had played on you when starting a new job?

What Jokes/tricks have you had played on you when starting a new job?



e.g. I worked in my Uncles hairdressers on a saturday, washing hair and sweeping up, when I was 13. One day he sent me to the hardware store for glass nails and a rubber hammer to fix the mirror.....I went and asked and they obviously just laughed at me. I argued with them for ages too, telling them what they were for. I eventually realised it was a joke and left red-faced!!! He also sent another girl to the newsagents to get him a copy of the Daily Weekly!!!! I



What jokes/tricks have you had played on you when starting a new job?-Myspace pictures





I got a job as manager of a photo developing shop about 13 years ago. At the end of the day, on of the girls that worked there gave me a mop and bucket and asked me to take it back to the fruit shop up the road as we had borrowed it.



Off I went in my suit carrying the mop and bucket up the busy High Street. I went into the fruit shop and told them i was bringing back their mop and bucket, they looked at me as if i was mental!! The penny dropped and I had to walk back down the High Street with the mop and bucket!!



When I got back the staff were doubled up laughing, considering I was their new boss they had taken a risk!! Luckily I have a good sense of humour and I saw the funny side, they accepted me after that and we all got on great. The job was rubbish though, I only stayed for a few months!!



What jokes/tricks have you had played on you when starting a new job?

-(Myspace images myspace.com)



Been asked to get an elastic sided gusset stretcher, a box of sky hooks, a long wait (weight), the list is endless....great fun though!
my boss rang me up and put on a fake accent so I didn't know it was him and I couldn't understand what he was saying.



But thats not bad some of the stuff he has done is totally harsh, I work in a pharmacy and we had some left over oxygen which he sprayed at one of the girls working there, she jumped out of her skin - it was really funny actually.
long stand , bubble for a spirit level , elbow grease , sky hooks
lol but you were only 13. i would have said what ??? three years ago (when i was 8)
my mum was asked to get sky hooks, and tartan paint, also was asked to call Mr c lion and Mrs g raff at longleat!! :)
I was sent to the garage workshop stores for a" long weight". that,s exactly what i got a long wait.
When I had an advertising job with a newspaper - I had been there for a few weeks when my colleagues told me to answer the phone.



It was one of those wind-up calls - premium rate ones - well I fell for it for a few mins but them relaised what it was!!



haha
Sent to the store for a long stand, another time I was sent for sky hooks.., I was 17 at the time , how niave, older and wiser is the saying, well I,m older anyway.......
someone new started at my old place,where i used to work, they got told to go get a left handed screwdriver and a glass hammer!!!



fecking hilarious.



xxx
wow. lol thats rele sad that you fell for that.
in collage wen the 1st yrs came up we used to send them to the stores too get various items like a leg of salmon or chicken lips or a chocolate whisk lol oh so funny too see when they come back and realise theres no such thing lol
Almost fell for it when asked to fetch a "bucket of steam "



Did ask the stores for a long weight and wondered why I was waiting so long for them to find one, ( no I'am not blonde )
Having tried many of the old gags on my new apprentice it rather backfired when I asked him to get me a rubber mallet, and he said "You're not catching me again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher