Thursday, December 3, 2009

About jokes upon ethnicties, where is the limit? This joke I wrote is it nice or too harsh ? Do you

As a Lebanese user asked a question about that, and as my Australian friend "Bored" told us some jokes, I had the idea and the inspiration for writing a joke...



Maybe some of you won't like it, but I suppose that the obvious message is clearly obvious in the dialogue I wrote...



Ok, listen :



======================================...



An Armenian wants to buy a house, in a certain city. And , what a coincidence, the main real estate company in this city is a Turkish entrepreneur. The Armenian is interested by many houses, and he still doesn't know which one to pick,and the prices are around 1 million $, and apparently he's looking for something very classy and luxurious ( as he always wants to show off, when he invites some friends at home ).



About jokes upon ethnicties, where is the limit? This joke I wrote is it nice or too harsh ? Do you like it ?-Myspace pictures





It is not OK to say anything against or joke about ANY OTHER RACE. Because these jokes require a stereotype. Since when did this become a comedy club? Not that I object to sarcasm, I've slung my share of it, but then most people can recognize it for what it is.



there are those that who just plain like to put others down because it makes them feel better about themselves. Do not underestimate the power of words.



About jokes upon ethnicties, where is the limit? This joke I wrote is it nice or too harsh ? Do you like it ?

-(Myspace images myspace.com)



Not cool/not funny.
HA HA HA you cracked me up !!



Thank you for this joke ! HA HA HA !
Although I quite dislike any jokes with ethnicity's involved, I have to admit that this joke put a smile on my lips - not a big one, though.. :)
If you are of a certain ethnicity, you can make a joke about your own ethnicity, with no consequence.



There's your limit. Make fun of your own race all you want, but if you address another, there's probably gonna be problems.
HAHHAA...aman...how cute...thanks for the laugh!



http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title...



Edit: Why the negative comment? I'm Armenian, and I think this joke makes light of the situation, for how desperatly we want the turks to admit to their nation's crime.



http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=iqkOwsBHZW...
scuse me but you are no comedian mate.
Well, the funny aspect wasn't easy to conciliate with the message you wanted to give "beyond the lines"...



At least, I understood the message, concerning the absurdity of the armenian claims...
I didn't understand
To address your question, I dont think that the racial implications are too harsh. It's pretty average actually. I've heard much more demeaning jokes about other races which were taken lightly.



The joke really isn't funny to me. The fact that you have to explain how aremenian and turkish people are in order for people to get the joke ruins it. Maybe if i already knew that they are considered cheap, or bad with money, or show offs i would think it's funny.



Also, you spent too much time going back and forth between the men, when theyr'e bargaining about whether the armenian will see the other house or not.



I have to add, I had a similar experience with someone not understanding what a million dollars is. I over heard someone's telephone comversation, where he was obviously trying to impress whomever he was talking too. They were discussing the price of a house, and the man said something to the effect of, yeah, i'd buy it for 500,000 but not half a million! that's way too much!



HAHAHAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher